Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Track Ike

Well Ike is definitely going to hit us, its just a matter of WHEN and how HARD. A lot can happen between now and Friday night/Sat morning when it hits land but everyone agrees we'll definitely get a lot of wind and rain. You can go HERE to track Ike.

They're starting to evacuate the coast cities and so far no evacuations from Houston. Just an FYI unless someone comes to my house and PHYSICALLY removes me, I'm not going anywhere. Trust me its for the best. I can either ride it out in my HOUSE or ride it out in my car STUCK on the freeway. Its already getting crazy around here.

Kroger is by far the cheapest gas and there was a line halfway down the block today. I went to Wal Mart after work to load up on bottled water & canned food and they were ALREADY almost out of water so its just going to get worse.

At work they're flying some of my co-workers to Phoenix because that's our closest hub. Chances are our building will be without power so we'll need people to get our jobs out. I really wish I could go, but I can't leave the girls and my job won't pay for them to fly SOOO we'll be here!!

I'll keep everyone updated. If we lose power I'll have all our cellphones charged and we have plenty of water and batteries and canned food so we'll be fine.

2 comments:

Karen said...

For some crazy reason ... this sounds very exciting to me!

Becky said...

Ha Ha Leave it to Karen to think its exciting! I'm just still wondering why you chose Houston?!?!?! :)