Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Firemen, police dogs and the neighborhood chef.

So I left my house last night around 8:30pm to meet a friend at a Sports Bar to watch Monday Night Football.

I called the house around 9:15 to make sure the girls were going to bed. 20 minutes later I get a call from Ayanna. “Mom we can’t sleep because of all the lights and the firemen banging on the smoking apartment next door.” ………….


So of course I rush home only to find a firetruck, 2 police cars, a police van and police dogs in front of my apartment. I still don’t know EXACTLY what happened and I didn’t SEE any flames, but there was definitely SMOKE. Then being Mrs. Cravitz-like


I was peeking through the window as they’re leading the neighbor down the stairs in handcuffs only to hear “Walk down the stairs! See those police dogs?? Don’t get cute!” I busted out laughing as the guy quickly shut up and hurried down the stairs into the waiting police car.
So I'll have to have my kids talk to Miss Brooke (the apartment office manager) today and found out what happened. Incidentally I live right above the apartment complex.
I personally think home-boy next door was cooking something he shouldn’t have been cooking and fell asleep because my apartment smells.


1 comment:

Karen said...

Fantastic pictures ... very funny! Never fear as long as there are police dogs. Hopefully you got to miss the Cardinal's game. Police dogs are way better than the Cardinal's. Your neighbor must have been cooking some of that stinky broccoli eh?