Monday, February 16, 2009

Our latest project aka we make a good team!

The other day someone had left a table outside our dumpster. I'm not big on "dumpster diving" but my man talked me into it and we picked it up. It sat in our living room for a few days before we suddenly had an idea to turn it into an ottoman. It was too short to use as anything else so an idea was born. We had a big foam pad we weren't using and had already discussed using it for the patio bar stools so figured we could use some for this too. I forgot to do a before picture but you'll get the idea. First we cut the padding to fit the table and put it on with spray adhesive:



The pad that we cut up had a cover on it, that was in really good shape so I figured I better put my sewing skills to work and make a cover. The cover was white so we decided to make it removable so we could wash it when it gets dirty See I said when not if because I'm a realist.



Then I got out my handy dandy ruler to measure where to sew the trim.


Then it was off to Joann's, we found some really nice black satin covered elastic to go around it to help keep it on, and it was half price .. score!


Don't I look serious? Anywhooo then I made some bows with some more satin ribbon and put it on the corners to snazz it up a bit.



And here we have the finished project:


Since we "found" the table and already had the padding, the whole project cost us $12, plus we had elastic, ribbon, padding and enough of the cover left over to make matching pillows ... BONUS!

1 comment:

Karen said...

That looks great and those chairs look beautiful! You've been busy!