Saturday, February 28, 2009

More Martha Stewart Moments

We had bought a big black sheet to make into a couch cover but it wasn't quite big enough so I decided to use it to make curtains and cover the other 2 pillows. That way we'd have 2 white and 2 black. So we also got some white and black ribbon to go around the black pillows.

And here's what I made:




Here's the curtains hanging. You can't see real well but its the black sheet with white ribbon on the top and bottom, then I put red velvet ribbon on top of that.



Here's a close up of the top:


I bought rhinestones to go on the curtains also, but after putting them together I decided against it, so I blinged out our pillows instead.


I did each one a little differently, spacing the rhinestones out further or doubling them up just to make them all different.

Here they are all together on the ugly green couch that I'm hoping to cover soon:


Then I put them on the mantle for safe keeping until they actually match the couch and they actually look pretty nice up there!


1 comment: