Thursday, March 6, 2008

To blog or not to blog

Ok so I did something this weekend that really meant a lot to me but will probably shock and be controversial to others. I wasn't sure if I would blog about it seeing as how my mother doesn't now. But whatever, here goes!


I got a tattoo. Yes, I put something on my body that will remain there FOREVER. I've contemplated doing this for a really long time. I wanted to get something in memory of my son. But I wasn't sure what to do. Here was my dilemna:

#1 - he has his father's name, which i OBVIOUSLY do NOT want on my body so I couldn't do his name.

#2 - his nickname is "Butter" which also would be a little strange on my body.


So I was talking to my new man who has a few tattoos of his own and told him the situation and immediately he said "that's easy, get a BUTTERfly". Genius!


So that's what I did. He told me I needed to get 3, one for each of my kids, but I decided against it. My girls are here, I see them everyday. I wanted something specifically for him.


So here's what I got. This was taken the next day so its still a little red but I love it:



To answer a few questions:

NO I don't regret it

YES it hurt

YES I cried, but not because of the physical pain, because it made me think of him.

I don't know if I want more .. but possibly. However they will always be somewhere that I can cover them.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Love the new look and love the new post!

So let me get this straight. You've been having relationships and babies with big black men for years, but you're afraid to tell us about a tattoo? I think we've been sufficiently prepared.

Here's the deal. You might be living your life differently than some had hoped, but family is family and we all love you! I'm so sorry that you have something in your life that hurt your heart, and I think your shoulder carries it beautifully.

Curtis Chicks said...

WOW, I almost shot soda out my nose when I read Karen's comment LOL!

So apparently having "relations" with "big black men" is far worse than getting a tattoo? ... LOL!

Good stuff!