Tuesday, August 21, 2007

You say Monsoon ... we say Hurricane

So Karen Sue posted a blog about Monsoons ... it made me laugh. Monsoon ???? I WISH ... try a HURRICANE on for size! Yes Dean was headed right for us ... but thank goodness he decided to visit someone else. While I feel really sorry for the people that received his visit .. i am VERY thankful he didn't come to Texas. He hit Mexico as a category 5 with 165mph winds. I can't even imagine the devastation! We had lots of rain last week and flooding in many parts of Houston but luckily I'm far enough Northwest that we didn't get the flooding, just the rain which brings its girlfriend humidity!!

Of course we're not out of the woods yet, I'm sure there's a few more surprises this hurricane season. Just keeping our fingers crossed we don't have a Katrina & Rita repeat from 2005. That was quite the "Welcome to Texas"!!

Here's a picture of what we went through in 2005 when we tried to evacuate. We were right in the middle of this traffic for 10 hours with no A/C

1 comment:

Karen said...

Girlfriend humidity ... funny! Great blog Amy! I certainly hope that the hurricanes lay low this season, but Matt is actually hoping to see a little excitement (dummy). I'm so glad that you are happy in Houston ... that should be your blog name ..."Happy in Houston!" Look at me taking over. I crack me up. Keep up the blogging. It's nice to see what's going on over there.