Thursday, August 23, 2007

I can't believe its been 6 years


I can believe "Baby Butter" would be 6 years old! He was born August 1, 2001. Of course I always think about him this time of year but this year has been a little different. I've heard of 2 other SIDS deaths within the last few weeks. So its made me think about him even more. Man how my life would be different! I'm posting the pencil drawing that was printed on his program. This picture still amazes me. There's a story behind it as well :). My sister, Becky, who was my ROCK during that time was with me at the funeral home making the arrangements. The woman helping us left for a minute and then came back with a picture. She said "I think I'm supposed to give this to you." My sister and I immediately started crying. I SWEAR the baby in the picture was Butter! So she gave it to me and I had it framed. She also copied it and reduced it down so it could go on the program. It wasn't just us though, EVERYONE that saw this picture asked me who drew Butter's picture for me. Its still amazing


Oh and so those that DON'T know me dont' think I'm a nut case and named my son "Butter" :) my daughter, Ayanna, was 4 at the time and couldn't say "brother" so she said "thats my baby butter". So he was and always will be "Butter". His real name is Vinson Lewis Curtis, Jr. but that was too big of a name for such a little boy :)


5 comments:

Karen said...

Have a happy day Amy. You're a great mom.

Anonymous said...

Oh hun! That just touched me so much, trying not to get sad. Take care of you!

Karen said...

Love the new, new title too.

Anonymous said...

Oh you so made me cry!!

Anonymous said...

So I didn't know I was going to show as anonymous!! LOL I'm dumb I'm not up on this blogging stuff!! But ya still made me cry!