Thursday, October 2, 2008

Poem by Melissa

Here's a poem my youngest sister, Melissa wrote about my son.

It's pretty amazing.



Baby Butter
Two short months you spent on earth
Our grieving's just begun.

It feels like mere moments since your birth,
But now your work is done.


Too perfect for this world were you,
Life's lessons needn't you face.

Though your death has left us blue,
God needed you in His grace.


It doesn't hardly ever seem real,
Seven years have gone so fast.

But oh how great the joy we'll feel,
To see your smile at last.


So on this troubled earth I'll wait;
And when my time is Nye,
I'll meet you at the Pearly Gates
Never again to say goodbye.


Seven years to the day, my little nephew Vinson Curtis Jr. passed away of a disease called SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome). I miss him so much at times it breaks my heart. But I know he's in a better place. Rest in peace Baby Butter. We all love and miss you.




Photobucket

1 comment:

Karen said...

Awesome. I love little sisters.